Remove this ad

DawsonSully

cameronite

Titanic fanatic

Lead

Jan 22 17 5:06 AM

Tags : :

Sooo...anyone excited about this one? I liked the beginning of the trailer, but then I was disapointed, specially with this already infamous slasher shower scene. It is too AVP:R to my taste, but maybe in the right context it will be great. Or is it the studio and Fox trying to attract modern horror fans? Because its something you would see in most horror movies playing in theaters today

Titanic - movie so big only James Cameron could top it

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Buckethead

cameronite

The Terminator/T2 Fanatic

#1 [url]

Jan 22 17 6:34 AM

It may sound sacrilegious, it would, even to myself maybe just a while back, but I dont care for it. Prometheus was such a letdown, and the trailer an even bigger one, that Im just not pumped for it at all. The shower scene is straight up AVPR - even same type of a shocker, like when in AVPR the father of the little girl turns the flashlight on the window and it reveals the alien standing there after which it jumps at him. Same thing with the shower scene, I guess maybe youre onto something, maybe they are trying to gather the generic modern horror crowd with these scenes

Quote    Reply   

DawsonSully

cameronite

#2 [url]

Jan 22 17 6:03 PM

It will be the first time we will see an Alien in 3D if we dont count the Deacon in Prometheus

Quote    Reply   

Buckethead

cameronite

#4 [url]

Jan 25 17 4:07 AM

Same, After seeing Ridleys new movies (although I loved The Martian) Im beginning to wonder whether he had such a brilliant artistic eye or was it the limitation of special effects that was the result of such mind blowing beautiful imagery of Alien and Blade Runner. Jim admitted in a video interview with the cast of Aliens with EW last year that Aliens looked this way and was so moody thanks to the limitations, and that it wouldnt have that look and atmosphere if done today. I miss the hazy, backlit imagery, but I guess you cant cover up expensive CG shots :/

I mean its an overstatement on my part, I know Ridleys a great director and visionary, but I think movies like Jaws or Alien, Aliens etc really have a lot to thank to the special effects limitations

Quote    Reply   

DawsonSully

cameronite

#5 [url]

Jan 27 17 4:31 AM

What can I tell you, I miss these days too. I somehow cant imagine Ridley going for a modern slasher, I cant judge it by the trailer alone yet, its just that this scene is really out of place in Alien movies. It could be fitting in Resurection and Requiem, but not in the first three movies, cmon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Dizzer

cameronite

#6 [url]

Jan 31 17 2:40 AM

I have learned a long time ago that a trailer should not be trusted. I'm sure Ridley Scott would never deliver a hammy slasherl, and I'll be waiting for the premiere, until then, I reserve my judgment

Wolfie's fine honey, wolfie's just fine...where are you

Quote    Reply   

Buckethead

cameronite

#7 [url]

Mar 10 17 7:17 PM

Well I gotta admit, the second trailer blew me away and completely hanged my mind about the movie. Now I really have high hopes for it, and I just love the fact that the Alien is so close to the original design! And finally the penile head shape is back for the first time since Alien 3

Quote    Reply   

LV426

cameronite

#9 [url]

Mar 15 17 5:41 AM

better than the first. the alien looks great, thank god for no ADI. not a fan of the crew but maybe theyll be better in the movie

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help