Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 5 16 6:12 PM

Tags : : , ,

Hi guys, 

I finally found a publisher for my long time in the work book dedicated to the films of James Cameron, and it's coming out in France in late september. 

The publisher is Huginn & Muninn, they are pretty prestigious as they have released tons of books on Alien, Terminator (they have done the french version of Terminator Vault), Star Wars, Bond, everything Marvel, Game Of Thrones etc. They are also issuing the Aliens photobook in september 2016. 

The book will be coming in the Fantask collection, which publishes essays, right between Supergods by comic-book writer Grant Morrison, and a book by James Ellroy. Not bad for a start! 

We are doing the layout and cover this month, I'll tell you the title once it's set.  

It's exclusively about the struggles of filmmaking, a peak at what happens behind the scenes, and how hard it is to make it in the movies and to make films.  

I amassed most of the information you will find in it since early 1985 when I first saw The Terminator. It covers everything from Xenogenesis and the Corman days to Avatar, told in a different way.

I avoided paraphrasing anything you can find in the DVDs and making of, so I hope you will find it interesting and fresh. It's not a bio (we have those already) nor a cash-in (we had a couple of those too after Titanic).

I published back in late 2009 a short portrayal of Cameron and his "oeuvre" in the Mad Movies James Cameron Special, which got great reactions: this is the portrayal, expanded to a full lenght book, everything it barely scratched is expanded in-depth. 

We have a facebook page for the book, feel free to join and invite your friends to join in! https://www.facebook.com/JCameronBook/

Last Edited By: DavidWebb Jan 22 17 8:24 PM. Edited 3 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Buckethead

cameronite

The Terminator/T2 Fanatic

#1 [url]

Jul 5 16 10:33 PM

ts gonna be in French only tho, right? Will some photos be included or no? You have some great rare pics on the fb page

Quote    Reply   

Dizzer

cameronite

#2 [url]

Jul 6 16 12:02 AM

It looks to me that Cameron has a lot of fans in France, the most I see online are actually French

Wolfie's fine honey, wolfie's just fine...where are you

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 6 16 8:31 AM

The forthcoming release is france only. But we plan an american translation, I'll keep you posted on this.

The book is only writing, no pictures. 

Yes, there is a very strong following here in France (as well as very strong detractors but IMHO these people do not like cinema, they are cynicals who just are letting go of some steam).

The book will also take a strong look at the criticism that James Cameron always had to deal with whenever he launched a new venture.

Last Edited By: DavidWebb Jan 22 17 8:26 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

DawsonSully

cameronite

#5 [url]

Jul 6 16 4:47 PM

In between Avatars the interest is kind of drifting now, but if you guys would wait for A2 it would be almost two years! Really curious about the cover design, keep us posted

Titanic - movie so big only James Cameron could top it

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 6 16 6:07 PM

I'm sure by the time it'll come out in english, AVTR2 will be in the news ;)

It's always a good time to write and speak about and watch good movies though. And with the Aliens book coming this fall, it's kinda the right time on this side of the pond. :)

Quote    Reply   

LV426

cameronite

#7 [url]

Jul 7 16 12:04 AM

Detractors of everything can be easily found online just about everywhere. Supporters rarely participate. Detractors are the minority whose only voice and credibility is the internet

Quote    Reply   

Buckethead

cameronite

The Terminator/T2 Fanatic

#10 [url]

Jul 7 16 10:20 PM

DavidWebb wrote:
Well there are those who actually writes in magazines

Well, desperate to be heard and rain on others parade I guess

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

DawsonSully

cameronite

#12 [url]

Jul 9 16 12:10 AM

Both fans and detractors are usually very passionate about their stance, but the support, fanbases all over the world and box office records confirm who is the negative nancy minority here

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Aug 10 16 12:41 PM

Hi guys,

The book will finally be issued in early january 2017. A good way to start the year! It will be printed before though, and I'm working on a book launch exposition that will probably happen either around x-mas and new year, or in early january, that will showcase some rare stuff I own from all the films.

If anybody owns some stuff which isn't common, and can be scanned for reproduction, please contact me. I'll be happy to credit you for the expo and give you some freebies in return.

Quote    Reply   

DawsonSully

cameronite

#14 [url]

Aug 18 16 2:14 AM

I remember one of our members, nickdaring, had some really cool stuff and one more member whose username I cant recall. Good luck with the book, post the cover whenever youll decide on one

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Sep 15 16 7:08 PM

Hey guys, book is finally scheduled for january 27, 2017!

Title and cover aren't final yet, I'll let you know. Will post the links to the amazon page and other shops page asap.

Quote    Reply   

Dizzer

cameronite

#18 [url]

Jan 8 17 5:05 AM

DawsonSully wrote:
No cover yet?

I believe I saw a link somewhere online and the cover was there. A photo of James, simple and classy 

Wolfie's fine honey, wolfie's just fine...where are you

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 8 17 8:23 PM

The Book will be in stores on 01/27, but you will be able to preview it at the "Cinéma de James Cameron" exhibition launch the evening of 01/21, (if you happen to be in Paris) so click to get your name on the list on the page below !

https://www.facebook.com/events/1289633904489091/

The exhibit will feature some rare stuff I accumulated over the years, some you may be familiar with, and some you have not seen online before.

See you there!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help