Remove this ad

Valaquen

cameronite

Aliens fanatic

Lead

Feb 26 13 7:59 AM

Tags : :

Still waiting for this. Any news, rumours, etc? Van Ling said anything? I'm desperate to own this. It's one of me and my brother's favourite films, let alone Cameron flicks.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

LV426

cameronite

#1 [url]

Feb 26 13 7:38 PM

Re: The Abyss on BD

Its mind boggling that theres still no release in sight. I expected one in the wake of Avatar's success

Quote    Reply   

Valaquen

cameronite

#2 [url]

Feb 26 13 9:07 PM

The Terminator just got the BD release it deserved. But it was an under the radar release. I want The Abyss - the DVD is grainy and blocky as hell.

Quote    Reply   

Buckethead

cameronite

The Terminator/T2 Fanatic

#5 [url]

Mar 5 13 5:31 PM

I dont really know why. Was it because it wasnt such a success? Then again, stuff like Troll 2 is on BD. Plus, maybe it didnt reach expectations, but it made a lot of money anyways

Quote    Reply   

Dizzer

cameronite

#6 [url]

Mar 7 13 10:36 PM

Perhaps they don't consider it a priority because of the weak audience reception at the time. The movie also did not attained any cult status over the years and is relatively an unknown movie

Wolfie's fine honey, wolfie's just fine...where are you

Quote    Reply   

HDvision

#7 [url]

Mar 12 13 9:41 AM

Abyss failed because people expected another edge of your seat action movie from the guy who did Terminator and Aliens. Expectations were wrong.

Quote    Reply   

Dizzer

cameronite

#8 [url]

Mar 12 13 5:01 PM

In addition to that, there were two other underwater movies such as Deep Star Six and Leviathan

Wolfie's fine honey, wolfie's just fine...where are you

Quote    Reply   

Valaquen

cameronite

#9 [url]

Dec 12 13 8:29 PM

STILL waiting for this...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Virgil Brigman

cameronite

#11 [url]

Mar 20 14 7:56 PM

Ok, so I don't know how true this is, it's taken from January of this year, but I'm a pretty big X Files fan and one of my favourite X Files sites came across this website talking about that series coming out on Blu Ray. In amongst this article is some news as well about The Abyss and True Lies coming to Blu Ray. Third paragraph down if you're interested. Exciting news, if it's true.

http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/the-rumor-mill/010814-update

RANDOM MOVIE REVIEWS AND OTHER THINGS.
http://virgilbrigmanbackontheair.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

cameronite

#13 [url]

Jul 24 16 2:12 PM

A source says James Cameron, is very hard to work with.

My reply on FB pm was lol I guess The Abyss won't be coming out this year.

When, when, when is coming?

The clock is ticking softly in the background and Cal is mad with Rose.

Quote    Reply   

Buckethead

cameronite

The Terminator/T2 Fanatic

#14 [url]

Jul 24 16 4:04 PM

Its insane that its still hasnt been released, just unbelievable. There are Z movies that get releases on bd, and both The Abyss and True Lies still didnt make it into the format

Quote    Reply   

cameronite

#15 [url]

Jul 26 16 12:47 PM

This only posted on JCO FB yesterday.
http://www.tweaktown.com/…/james-cameron-talks-t…/index.html

Not sure what to make of it but not getting my hopes up high for it for re-mix near field home mixes totally depress me, when we could simply just have proper unaltered Theatrical mix far field that can play fine in any size cinema even the titchy small ones of today.

They better not jerk the public around with a botched colour like Laserdisc DVD and I only seen a proper 35mm print on, Channel 4, years ago, before they started showing these common versions that often used for DVD or bluray today that are mostly odd looking on some.

4k is another way of milking and doesn't that make anyone angry? Me, not gonna buy 4k, hollywood can keep it! If they can't make bluray better like they should have done from the beginning instead of jerking around those who know what look for and listen for.

As for Terminator 2 3d they can keep it! How many times as that film being milked for are money for a dishonest transfers that don't like nothing like the 35mm print. I want a flashback when seeing a 35/70mm film transfer not be distracted. So cameron can keep his 3d The Milkinator 2 as I'm not giving £20.00 for 3d cardboard cut-outs.

The clock is ticking softly in the background and Cal is mad with Rose.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jul 30 16 10:03 AM

I disagree with most of the above.

First, one got to understand that movies are a business. The business of MGM, Fox etc is not to release once a movie and that's it. It's to re-release it over and over as long as it sells. Also one got to understand the market is made in such a way that an old barcode is considered obsolete and will not have the same sales attentions, from the shops and sellers, and distributors, as a new barcode. So films are refreshed over and over as long as they sell.

4K and HDR is a leap in color space, just like the leap between 256 and 4096 colors with monitors. Sure the added resolution is not as big as the one between DVD and Blu-ray (just twice), but the HDR makes a whole difference, meaning more accurate colors are now possible when it comes to old films.

I agree with mixes, however, often the remixes loose the dynamic range, and it's preferable for the original theatrical mix to be included, in lossless.

As for T2 3D I'm looking forward to it and the new scan. I don't get what this guy is on because the only thing in T2 Blu-ray not looking like the original prints is the color on the first scene with the bikers (it was bluer in cinemas, but was color timed clearer and orangey for the LD/VHS on, for clarity). I hope the new scan fixes this back to the original color. That's it.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Sep 15 16 7:10 PM

I'm fairly excited about the Abyss coming out on Blu and on 4K Blu! What about you guys? This is gonna look amazing!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help